I am a senior researcher in Laboratory of Gene Expression at Institute of Biotechnology of the Czech Academy of Sciences. I received PhD at University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague, Czech Republic and I worked as an intern in Denmark and Sweden. My long-term interest is analysis of single-cell gene expression using RNA sequencing and RT-qPCR. I am also active in method development and implementation (check out our Two-tailed technology for analysis of short RNAs). My primary research focus is on glial cells and their role under pathophysiological conditions. I am involved in the projects focused on the analysis of experimental ischemic stroke and spinal cord injury, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or Alexander disease. In addition to research, I enjoy training young students and learning new things. When not in lab, I love running in the mountains, partying with friends, and hanging out with my overactive dog.
- NU21-08-00286 Circulating microRNAs as biomarkers for evaluating the severity of acute spinal cord injury. 2021-2024.
- EJPRD19-256 ALEXANDER - The astrocyte nanofilament system in Alexander disease – from molecules to function, uncovering new leads for therapy. 2020-2022.
- GA20-05770S The role of glial TRPV4 channels in brain edema formation and post-ischemic regeneration. 2020-2022.
- GA19-02046S Glial cells- the key players in the progression of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. 2019-2021.
- GA18-21942S MicroRNA in central nervous system injury: potential roles and therapeutic implications. 2018-2020.
- GA17-04034S Principal signaling pathways regulating NG2 glia proliferation and differentiation following brain injuries. 2017-2019.
- GA16-10214S Age-related changes in brain diffusivity, extracellular matrix composition and glial physiology - impact on pathogenesis of ischemia. 2016-2018.
GA13-02154S Gene expression profiling and functional characterization of glial cell subpopulations following ischemic brain injury. 2013-2016.
- Department of Cellular Neurophysiology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Department of Neuroregeneration, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Laboratory of Astrocyte Biology and CNS Regeneration, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Laboratory of Regenerative Neuroimmunology, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Department of Translational Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht Brain Center, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Stem Cell Center, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, Sweden
- Tutorial: Guidelines for Single-Cell RT-qPCR. Zucha D, Kubista M, Valihrach L. Cells. 2021; 10(10):2607. https://doi.org/10.3390/cells10102607.
- Transient astrocyte-like NG2 glia subpopulation emerges solely following permanent brain ischemia. Kirdajova D, Valihrach L, Valny M, Kriska J, Krocianova D, Benesova S, Abaffy P, Zucha D, Klassen R, Kolenicova D, Honsa P, Kubista M, Anderova M. Glia. 2021 Jul 27. doi: 10.1002/glia.24064.
- Small RNA-Sequencing: Approaches and Considerations for miRNA Analysis. Benesova S, Kubista M, Valihrach L. Diagnostics (Basel). 2021 May 27;11(6):964. doi: 10.3390/diagnostics11060964.
- Decoding the transcriptional response to ischemic stroke in young and aged mouse brain. Androvic P, Belov Kirdajova D, Tureckova J, Zucha D, Rohlova E, Abaffy P, Kriska J, Anderova M, Kubista M, Valihrach L. Cell Rep. 2020 Jun 16;31(11):107777. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2020.107777.
- Performance Comparison of Reverse Transcriptases for Single-Cell Studies. Zucha D, Androvic P, Kubista M, Valihrach L. Clin Chem. 2019 Nov 7. pii: clinchem.2019.307835. doi: 10.1373/clinchem.2019.307835.
- Circulating miRNA analysis for cancer diagnostics and therapy. Valihrach L, Androvic P, Kubista M. Mol Aspects Med. 2019 Oct 18:100825. doi: 10.1016/j.mam.2019.10.002.
- Two-tailed RT-qPCR panel for quality control of circulating microRNA studies. Androvic P, Romanyuk N, Urdzikova-Machova L, Rohlova E, Kubista M, Valihrach L. Sci Rep. 2019 Mar 12;9(1):4255. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-40513-w.
- A single-cell analysis reveals multiple roles of oligodendroglial lineage cells during post-ischemic regeneration. Valny M, Honsa P, Waloschkova E, Matuskova H, Kriska J, Kirdajova D, Androvic P, Valihrach L, Kubista M, Anderova M. Glia. 2018 May;66(5):1068-1081. doi: 10.1002/glia.23301.
- Platforms for Single-Cell Collection and Analysis. Valihrach L, Androvic P, Kubista M. Int J Mol Sci. 2018 Mar 11;19(3). pii: E807. doi: 10.3390/ijms19030807.
- Two-tailed RT-qPCR: a novel method for highly accurate miRNA quantification. Androvic P, Valihrach L, Elling J, Sjoback R, Kubista M. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017 Sep 6;45(15):e144. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkx588.