Areas of expertise
Gene expression analysis
Single cell analysis
Glial cell biology
My name is Daniel and I come from Slovakia. I have spent over the last few years pursuing my studies in Molecular Biology at the Charles University of Prague. Prior to this, I attended high school in Slovakia, and I also had a chance to study as an exchange student in Norway for a year. In the last year of high school, I joined the Biology olympiad exams and scored position in top 10 in the national round. These days, guided by my supervisor Lukáš Valihrach PhD., I am working on the comparison of commercial reverse transcriptases, considering the impact of various factors on the reaction. Subsequently, my aim is to advance further in understanding the gene expression via any tools available. Speaking of my hobbies? Well, a game developed here in the laboratory… My colleagues choose competitions, which I would never do myself, and I do it with them!
- Recent advances in deciphering oligodendrocyte heterogeneity with single-cell transcriptomics. Valihrach L, Matusova Z, Zucha D, Klassen R, Benesova S, Abaffy P, Kubista M, Anderova M. Front Cell Neurosci. 2022 Oct 13;16:1025012. doi: 10.3389/fncel.2022.1025012.
- Compromised Astrocyte Swelling/Volume Regulation in the Hippocampus of the Triple Transgenic Mouse Model of Alzheimer’s Disease. Tureckova J, Kamenicka M, Kolenicova D, Filipi T, Hermanova Z, Kriska J, Meszarosova L, Pukajova B, Valihrach L, Androvic P, Zucha D, Chmelova M, Vargova L and Anderova M. Front. Aging Neurosci. 2022; 13:783120. doi: 10.3389/fnagi.2021.783120.
- Tutorial: Guidelines for Single-Cell RT-qPCR. Zucha D, Kubista M, Valihrach L. Cells. 2021; 10(10):2607. https://doi.org/10.3390/cells10102607.
- Transient astrocyte-like NG2 glia subpopulation emerges solely following permanent brain ischemia. Kirdajova D, Valihrach L, Valny M, Kriska J, Krocianova D, Benesova S, Abaffy P, Zucha D, Klassen R, Kolenicova D, Honsa P, Kubista M, Anderova M. Glia. 2021 Jul 27. doi: 10.1002/glia.24064.Decoding the transcriptional response to ischemic stroke in young and aged mouse brain. Androvic P, Belov Kirdajova D, Tureckova J, Zucha D, Rohlova E, Abaffy P, Kriska J, Anderova M, Kubista M, Valihrach L. Cell Rep. 2020 Jun 16;31(11):107777. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2020.107777.
- Decoding the transcriptional response to ischemic stroke in young and aged mouse brain. Androvic P, Belov Kirdajova D, Tureckova J, Zucha D, Rohlova E, Abaffy P, Kriska J, Anderova M, Kubista M, Valihrach L. Cell Rep. 2020 Jun 16;31(11):107777. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2020.107777.
- Performance Comparison of Reverse Transcriptases for Single-Cell Studies. Zucha D, Androvic P, Kubista M, Valihrach L. Clin Chem. 2019 Nov 7. pii: clinchem.2019.307835. doi: 10.1373/clinchem.2019.307835.
- The Contribution of TRPV4 Channels to Astrocyte Volume Regulation and Brain Edema Formation. Pivonkova H, Hermanova Z, Kirdajova D, Awadova T, Malinsky J, Valihrach L, Zucha D, Kubista M, Galisova A, Jirak D, Anderova M. Neuroscience. 2018 Dec 1;394:127-143. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2018.10.028. Epub 2018 Oct 24.