I am a M.Sc. student of Bioinformatics and Cheminformatics at UCT (University of Chemistry and Technology). I am also part of the Laboratory of Gene Expression, where I work with Lukáš Valihrach on the processing and statistical analysis of data from single cell RNA sequencing. As this method has become quite important in cell characterization during the last few years, my thesis focuses on the creation of a generic pipeline that can be easily used for the processing of our data. I already have another Master's degree from the Charles University which focused on experimental plant biology. Therefore I have plenty of experiences with wet lab techniques like immunohistochemical detection of proteins, RNA extraction, Northern blotting, cloning, RT-qPCR, in situ hybridization etc. However, I prefer to process data more than to generate them 😊 so I decided to educate myself more at UCT, and as such have led to to where I am today.
Since the work of a bioinformatician is basically sitting on a chair in front of a computer, I like to move in my spare time which includes mainly hiking, climbing and pole dancing.
- NEUROD1 reinforces endocrine cell fate acquisition in pancreatic development. Bohuslavova R, Fabriciova V, Smolik O, Lebrón-Mora L, Abaffy P, Benesova S, Zucha D, Valihrach L, Berkova Z, Saudek F, Pavlinkova G. Nat Commun. 2023 Sep 9;14(1):5554. doi: 10.1038/s41467-023-41306-6.
- Cortical glia in SOD1(G93A) mice are subtly affected by ALS-like pathology. Sci Rep. 2023 Apr 21;13(1):6538. doi: 10.1038/s41598-023-33608-y.
- ISL1 controls pancreatic alpha cell fate and beta cell maturation. Bohuslavova R, Fabriciova V, Lebrón-Mora L, Malfatti J, Smolik O, Valihrach L, Benesova S, Zucha D, Berkova Z, Saudek F, Evans SM, Pavlinkova G. Cell Biosci. 2023 Mar 10;13(1):53. doi: 10.1186/s13578-023-01003-9.
- Recent advances in deciphering oligodendrocyte heterogeneity with single-cell transcriptomics. Valihrach L, Matusova Z, Zucha D, Klassen R, Benesova S, Abaffy P, Kubista M, Anderova M. Front Cell Neurosci. 2022 Oct 13;16:1025012. doi: 10.3389/fncel.2022.1025012.
- ISL1 is necessary for auditory neuron development and contributes toward tonotopic organization. Filova I, Pysanenko K, Tavakoli M, Vochyanova S, Dvorakova M, Bohuslavova R, Smolik O, Fabriciova V, Hrabalova P, Benesova S, Valihrach L, Cerny J, Yamoah EN, Syka J, Fritzsch B, Pavlinkova G. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2022 Sep 13;119(37):e2207433119. doi: 10.1073/pnas.2207433119.
- Small RNA-Sequencing for Analysis of Circulating miRNAs: Benchmark Study. Androvic P, Benesova S, Rohlova E, Kubista M, Valihrach L. J Mol Diagn. 2022 Jan 23:S1525-1578(22)00011-3. doi: 10.1016/j.jmoldx.2021.12.006.
- Transient astrocyte-like NG2 glia subpopulation emerges solely following permanent brain ischemia. Kirdajova D, Valihrach L, Valny M, Kriska J, Krocianova D, Benesova S, Abaffy P, Zucha D, Klassen R, Kolenicova D, Honsa P, Kubista M, Anderova M. Glia. 2021 Jul 27. doi: 10.1002/glia.24064.
- An Integrative Study of Aortic mRNA/miRNA Longitudinal Changes in Long-Term LVAD Support. Dlouha D, Ivak P, Netuka I, Benesova S, Tucanova Z, Hubacek JA. Int J Mol Sci. 2021 Jul 10;22(14):7414. doi: 10.3390/ijms22147414.
- Small RNA-Sequencing: Approaches and Considerations for miRNA Analysis. Benesova S, Kubista M, Valihrach L. Diagnostics (Basel). 2021 May 27;11(6):964. doi: 10.3390/diagnostics11060964.