I joined Kubista lab as a PhD student in 2015 to work on the development of new methodology for gene expression analysis of microRNAs by RT-qPCR called “Two-tailed RT-qPCR”. I utilize this method together with conventional RT-qPCR, RNA-Seq and single-cell RNA-Seq to study transcriptional changes of coding and non-coding genes in animal models of spinal cord injury and brain ischemic injury. I am also part of the project that aims to identify specific circulating microRNAs to serve as potential clinical biomarkers in patients with spinal cord injury. I am particularly interested in large-scale data analysis and interpretation of results from our high-throughput experiments. Before coming to Prague, I studied Biotechnology at the Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra and spent few months as an intern at the Max F. Perutz Laboratories in Vienna. Besides research, I enjoy sport games, competitions and hanging out with friends.
- Decoding the transcriptional response to ischemic stroke in young and aged mouse brain. Androvic P, Belov Kirdajova D, Tureckova J, Zucha D, Rohlova E, Abaffy P, Kriska J, Anderova M, Kubista M, Valihrach L. Cell Rep. 2020 Jun 16;31(11):107777. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2020.107777.
- High potassium exposure reveals the altered ability of astrocytes to regulate their volume in the aged hippocampus of GFAP/EGFP mice. Kolenicova D, Tureckova J, Pukajova B, Harantova L, Kriska J, Kirdajova D, Vorisek I, Kamenicka M, Valihrach L, Androvic P, Kubista M, Vargova L, Anderova M. Neurobiol Aging. 2019 Oct 22. pii: S0197-4580(19)30372-0. doi: 10.1016/j.neurobiolaging.2019.10.009.
- Performance Comparison of Reverse Transcriptases for Single-Cell Studies. Zucha D, Androvic P, Kubista M, Valihrach L. Clin Chem. 2019 Nov 7. pii: clinchem.2019.307835. doi: 10.1373/clinchem.2019.307835.
- Circulating miRNA analysis for cancer diagnostics and therapy. Valihrach L, Androvic P, Kubista M. Mol Aspects Med. 2019 Oct 18:100825. doi: 10.1016/j.mam.2019.10.002.
- Two-tailed RT-qPCR panel for quality control of circulating microRNA studies. Androvic P, Romanyuk N, Urdzikova-Machova L, Rohlova E, Kubista M, Valihrach L. Sci Rep. 2019 Mar 12;9(1):4255. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-40513-w.
- Metformin Increases Proliferative Activity and Viability of Multipotent Stromal Stem Cells Isolated from Adipose Tissue Derived from Horses with Equine Metabolic Syndrome. Smieszek A, Kornicka K, Szłapka-Kosarzewska J, Androvic P, Valihrach L, Langerova L, Rohlova E, Kubista M, Marycz K. Cells. 2019 Jan 22;8(2). pii: E80. doi: 10.3390/cells8020080.
- Two-tailed RT-qPCR: a novel method for highly accurate miRNA quantification. Androvic P, Valihrach L, Elling J, Sjoback R, Kubista M. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017 Sep 6;45(15):e144. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkx588.
- Platforms for Single-Cell Collection and Analysis. Valihrach L, Androvic P, Kubista M. Int J Mol Sci. 2018 Mar 11;19(3). pii: E807. doi: 10.3390/ijms19030807.
- A single-cell analysis reveals multiple roles of oligodendroglial lineage cells during post-ischemic regeneration. Valny M, Honsa P, Waloschkova E, Matuskova H, Kriska J, Kirdajova D, Androvic P, Valihrach L, Kubista M, Anderova M. Glia. 2018 May;66(5):1068-1081. doi: 10.1002/glia.23301.
- Generation of reactive astrocytes from NG2 cells is regulated by sonic hedgehog. Honsa P, Valny M, Kriska J, Matuskova H, Harantova L, Kirdajova D, Valihrach L, Androvic P, Kubista M, Anderova M. Glia. 2016 Sep;64(9):1518-31. doi: 10.1002/glia.23019. Epub 2016 Jun 24.